Sheriff Mike Bitnar
Address: 325 Court Street, Ste. 101 Sault Ste Marie, MI 49783
• Sheriff Michael D. Bitnar was raised by his grandparents in Paradise MI, Chippewa County.
• Graduated from Whitefish Twp. School in 1987.
• Graduated from Lake Superior State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and the LSSU Police Academy.
• Lives in Rudyard MI with his wife Ailene and daughter Taylor.
• First hired on with the Chippewa Co Sheriff’s Office in June 1991.
• Sheriff Bitnar has worked the following for the CCSO:
Undercover Detective for the multi-jurisdictional drug team SANE
Marine and Snowmobile Division
Appointed Sheriff in Oct of 2016
Elected Sheriff Nov 2016
• Sheriff Bitnar has attended training in:
Crime Scene Investigations by both MSP and FBI
Child Death Review Team
LSSU Police Academy and Ingham Co Corrections Academy
Several Narcotics schools put on by MSP and DEA
New Undersheriff’s School put on by the Michigan Sheriff’s Association
New Sheriff’s School, MSA. Dec 2016
Precision Driving Instructor Training by MSP
Current Senior Instructor for LSSU Police Academy
• Sheriff Bitnar Accomplishments:
2-time Officer of the year (Elks Lodge 552 in 2002 and VFW Post 3676 in 2005)
Founding member of TRI-DENT (Tri-County Drug Enforcement Taskforce)
Current Tri-Dent Vice President
• Sheriff Bitnar believes in the Constitution of the United States and protecting the rights of the people.
• Sheriff Michael D. Bitnar is proud to serve (YOU THE PEOPLE) of Chippewa County.